Hyper-V Modules empty - hyper-v cmdlets not recognized

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Andreas K

Hyper-V Modules empty - hyper-v cmdlets not recognized

Post by Andreas K »

Powershell Studio 5.2.124
64 bit version of product
Operating system:
Windows 10 - 64 bit OS:

Hello, in Object Browser I can see all availalbe Cmdlets and Modules. Even Hyper-V is listed, but if i click on Hyper-V to expand the tree view, is stays empty.

Also hyper-v commands are not available, like "Get-VM"

In ISE I can see and use this cmdlets.

Steps already taken:

Install/Reinstall Product
Refreshing local Cache as described in some other posts with missing modules.

Unfortunately it didt not help.

I also performed an testinstallation on Windows Server 2012R2 to verify if my installer package has a problem...but on Windows Server it is working and modules are available.

Regards Andreas
Attachments
Hyper-v stays empty
Hyper-v stays empty
2016-07-04 12_23_55-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2016.png (8.36 KiB) Viewed 6044 times
Andreas K

Re: Hyper-V Modules empty - hyper-v cmdlets not recognized

Post by Andreas K »

Addtional Information:
I am not sure, if this is helpfull, but I found out that "Hyper-V" Module ist show two times in Cache Editor.

Select/deselect onr or all of them does not change anything. Even after deselcting both "Hyper-V" Modules and reloading cache, two Hyper-V modules are shown and active again.
Attachments
2 x Hyper-V in Cache Editor
2 x Hyper-V in Cache Editor
2016-07-04 12_33_46-PowerShell Cache Editor.png (6.2 KiB) Viewed 6041 times
Andreas K

Post by Andreas K »

Ok, I did now a clean Windows Installation on a different device and enabled Hyper-V Features.

ISE Shows after enabeling Features get-vm cmdlets.

PowerShell Studio Comes up with the same Problem. No Hyper-V modules accessible.

Where can i raise a bug report??

It seems to affaect all Windows 10 devices.
Attachments
pss-clean-install.png
pss-clean-install.png (95.5 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
get-vm_ise.png
get-vm_ise.png (96.1 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I was able to replicate the problem. A fix will be included in the next service build.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A service build fixing this problem has been released. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.