Script Explorer Functionality

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
typody

Script Explorer Functionality

Post by typody »

Hi,

I am interested in replacing the aging PowerGUI with something a bit more modern. It's a bit of a wrench as I have been using PowerGUI for years and have it setup exactly how I wanted it. None of the other editors i have tried quite get there (VS Code, VS Pro).

PowerShell Studio looks like it could fit the bill an give me a ton of extra stuff. So I hope there is a solution for this last niggle.

Is there any way of having a script explorer type window in the GUI. A bit like Solution Explorer in Document Explorer, but where I can point it at a directory and have it list all the scripts in there and allow me to open then with a click. In PowerGUI I have a nice window on the left that is basically a tree view file explorer window containing directories that I have added.

Thanks
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Script Explorer Functionality

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We had that in a fashion and it went away. Basically the feedback was that users already have File Explorer. Right click -> Edit with PowerShell Studio.
Removing unwanted or unneeded UI elements is a constant concern for us in order to keep the clutter to a minimum.
Things are always changing though and we always listen. So anyone reading this and needing this, please head to the wish list forum and post.
Make sure we understand why you want this instead of using Windows File Explorer.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
typody

Post by typody »

Thanks. For me it just saves switching between windows with a work on several scripts at the same time. Even a favorites windows where I can add scripts I use often would be fine.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have an idea about that. Please ping back in a month or so.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
typody

Post by typody »

Will do, thanks.
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.