new mboard, will pshell 2015 still run?

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
LtMandella

new mboard, will pshell 2015 still run?

Post by LtMandella »

Powershell studio 2015 64 bit installed in win 10 and activated (it's a fabulous product, best software I have purchased in years).
Shortly after install motherboard died (I abused the machine) but hard drive is removed and theoretically OK.

I intend to purchase a replacement laptop and simply install my hard drive from previous machine.

Will I need a deactivation/reactivation or will PShell studio work fine with in the new machine booting from same hard drive as activated?

thanks,
ken
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: new mboard, will pshell 2015 still run?

Post by davidc »

If you are only replacing the motherboard and the rest the machine is the same, then chances are that you will not have to reactivate the software.

We posted an activation guide that should help answer activation related questions:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2015/06/26/ ... ivation-2/

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

If the software fails to remain activated on the new laptop after swapping the hard-drive, please follow the steps in the guide and we will be able to assist you.

David
David
LtMandella

Post by LtMandella »

Gentleman, thank you both! Did I mention that powershell studio is one of the best designed and implemented, and most useful development tools I have ever used? (after 20 years of programming...)

thanks,
Ken
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you so much for your kind words!

David
David
This topic is 8 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.