Issues installing updates and uninstalling... (Solution Update)

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
buhlig

Issues installing updates and uninstalling... (Solution Update)

Post by buhlig »

Since the original thread was locked, i wanted to post a solution that I found to this problem...

Background:
Could not update PowerShell Studio 2015, could not reinstall, could not uninstall

Solution:
After a lot of messing around I happened to come across a Microsoft Fixit link for installer issues. I figured "what the heck" i've tried everything else I could find.

I downloaded the exe for it from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mat ... _uninstall and ran it. To my surprise it actually was able to repair the issue and then force the uninstall of the app. From there I was able to finally update my version to the current one!

This should work for any of those pesky applications that wont update or uninstall...

Thanks,

Ben
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.