Transfer license between computers (deregister, reregister)

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Michael R Nichols

Transfer license between computers (deregister, reregister)

Post by Michael R Nichols »

Hello,

I've just purchased a license for PowerShell Studio 2015, and have activated my copy on my Surface 3 (which I happen to be using at the moment at a client site).

I own quite a few Windows systems, and am still not sure which will be my primary development environment (do I develop on my Surface tablet, Surface Pro, RDP to home system, etc.) For convenience, it's nice to have a copy running on a local system - I assume.

Is there a means to de-activate the software from one computer in order to transfer the license to another (without involving support)?

My gut feeling is that I will eventually want to move PowerShell Studio from my Surface tablet, to a Windows system connected into my virtual test environment at home or possibly my Surface Pro which is a meatier system.

Kind regards,
Mike
Michael R Nichols

Re: Transfer license between computers (deregister, reregist

Post by Michael R Nichols »

Solved: Found the 'license information' button in the upper right-hand corner of the Console that allows license deactivation (provided an Internet connection is available).

Apologies for the panic.

Cheers
Mike
This topic is 8 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.