SAPIEN PowerShell Studio - Can't post in the Forum

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 10 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
matthitchcock

SAPIEN PowerShell Studio - Can't post in the Forum

Post by matthitchcock »

I cannot post in the PowerShell Studio forum and have an issue with the product.

I had a time-limited trial that I installed on my work machine, I cannot remove it because of a ShortName issue (no common fixes for that have worked) and it has now broken PowerGUI. When pressing F11 to step through a script in PowerGUI it launches the PowerShell Studio installation/Uninstallation process which promptly fails!

I think this is an issue you guys need to be aware of, it's certainly interesting in that the product has now made it's way into another product somehow :S

In addition, how do I get this trial removed?! I am using PowerShell Studio on a different machine now.

Thanks
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: SAPIEN PowerShell Studio - Can't post in the Forum

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You cannot post in the PowerShell Studio forum because this is reserved for users with a registered license.

If you cannot uninstall PowerShell Studio it would appear there is something wrong with Windows Installer on your machine.
Since I don't have additional information I have to refer you to Microsoft on that.

If you delete the following keys:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\37EE0057A9D468D438F3A55E5F74A7AF
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\37EE0057A9D468D438F3A55E5F74A7AF

PowerShell Studio is no longer shown as an installed product. Please understand that this is not the same as an uninstall.
You will have to search the registry manually or with the help of some tool to delete references to PowerShell Studio.

As for PowerGUI, I am a bit puzzled as to what could possibly happen there but we have NO interaction with PowerGUI nor do we share components. If the PowerGUI debugger invokes Windows Installer to uninstall someone else's product you probably want to ask them about that. Please understand that we have no means of determining what exactly PowerGUI's debugger does internally.

I am in no position to tell you what to do, but if my machine would have that kind of issues I would consider re-installing the OS. I know, its the typical tech support recommendation, but sometimes it is just faster to do that. :-)
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 10 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.