VBScript Video Set - Adobe Flash error, Attachments dropdown

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
BCBSMI

VBScript Video Set - Adobe Flash error, Attachments dropdown

Post by BCBSMI »

Problem: None of the links work in the Attachments drop-down tab. Therefor, we can't access the web links or the exercises that go with the training videos.

Symptoms: When launching any of the VBScript instructional videos, we get an Adobe Flash Player Security warning.

"Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation. The following local application on your computer or network: C:\Program Files\SAPIEN...\stealthray.swf is trying to communicate with this INteret-enabled location: C:\Program Files\SAPIEN...\player.html"

I can click "Settings" on the above warning, but nothing happens except for the window going away (as though I clicked the OK button) I was however able to get into Adobe Flash settings another route and configured the setting to "always allow" on the Global Security Settings page. This only half solved the problem. Web links in the Attachments tab now work, but none of the exercises work (which I assume are downloads?). IE has a warning (yellow exclamation point) in the status bar. The error says "Access is denied. flashcommand.js. Line: 523"

Known issue? Is there an easy way to clean this up?
Robert Morey

Re: VBScript Video Set - Adobe Flash error, Attachments drop

Post by Robert Morey »

Hello,

Our apologies for this--Adobe changed the way Flash works and now these issues appear. In order to run the exercises, you need to use Windows Explorer to run them. Go to:

C:\ -> Program Files (x86) -> SAPIEN Technologies, Inc -> VBScript xxx -> data -> downloads

You will find the appropriate exercises there. Please let us know if there is anything else can help with.

Kind regards,

Robert
cwgood

Post by cwgood »

Hi-

We just recently started the VBScript and are having the same problem. I went to the pathe specified, buth there is no SAPIEN Technologies, Inc folder. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

As the initial readme indicates, please do not add to other users threads.
Please start your own thread for your problem and include information about installed product, version, operating system and "bitness".
Please be as precise as possible in describing your problem.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.