Site has beenchanged and is unstable now.

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Site has beenchanged and is unstable now.

Post by jvierra »

I can no longer use the site except if I put it in trusted sites. This was not necessary until today.

Screens have changed and site reloads pages repeatedly on access causing many annoying flashes.

Whatever was changed also change the page layout. Forum list on right side of page is gone and replaced by 'search' items

There is a little green button on edit toolbar that does nothing and has this link:
http://www.sapien.com/forums/posting.ph ... =7&p=32747#
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Site has beenchanged and is unstable now.

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not aware of any change to the forum software overnight. Can you submit a screenshot (email to support@sapien.com if you have trouble posting) of what you are seeing and indicate the area that has changed for you?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by J A Reif »

We have not made any changes to the site and everything looks normal on our machines. Has anything changed on your machine? Would you send a screen grab of what you are seeing?

What browser, version and OS, version are you using? We will try to replicate your issue.

In the mean time, you could try logging out, deleting your board cookies, clearing your cache and quitting and restarting your browser.
June Alane Reif
jvierra

Re: Site has been changed and is unstable now.

Post by jvierra »

First iszsue. On WIndows 8 IE10 I can no longer click the LOIN button or edit without putting the site in Trusted Sites.

On Windows XP I do not have to do this.

Nothing was changed on WIn8 overnight. It was working as you can tell from my posts then the site went dead for a minute and then I was logged out and the login wouldn't work. I found that placing the site in Trusted sites allows it to work. All other security settings are teh same as before. WIthing the 30 minutes between working and not working nothing was changed.

If nothing was chnaged on the site then this is odd. Is it possible that an update to your OS happened. What caused the site to disappear then return with my account logged out?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The need to add a site to "Trusted sites" usually stems from a change in cookie policy. Your browser does not allow cookies from untrusted sites.
Not knowing your setup, your computer could have its group policy settings changed if you are part of a domain.
Windows 8 can download and install changes to Modern UI applications without your interaction.

Please check your cookie settings and verify your access from another computer and another browser.

We have not made any changes to the forums software. Our site is hosted with Rackspace and no changes have occurred on the server side that we have been made aware of. Besides, that could not trigger a cookie policy change on your side.
Alexander Riedel
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by J A Reif »

By any chance, was Windows updated on your computer last night? I found a description of your log in problem and potential solution here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/system-se ... pdates.htm

2. Some issues experienced after Windows updates are less "problems" and more annoyances. Before we move on to more complicated steps, here are a few relatively minor issues that I've encountered after some Windows updates, along with their likely solutions:

Problem: Some websites are inaccessible in IE
Solution: Reset Internet Explorer's Security Zones to their default levels
June Alane Reif
jvierra

Post by jvierra »

I did that reset earlier and it didn't work. After seeing your post I decided to try it again. THe reset appeared to run but it still didn't work. I treid once a gain because something seemed wrong.

The next time I did the reset I was asked to restart the box. After the restart all is working as expected.

Very odd. I hope Microsoft fixes this. I have been resetting IE every few days due to all kinds off issues. This is the first time I saw it fail to reset the first time.

Thanks for the feedback. This will be good for others to know as W8 is becoming much more prevalent. It also makes me glad I insisted on updating my clients to Win7 and not Win8.

W8.1 Refresh will hopefully fix this.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.