Cannot upload most files

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 11 years and 5 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Cannot upload most files

Post by jvierra »

I know; gripe, gripe, gripe.

We can only upload ZIP files. The old behavior and what seems most common on forums is to be able to upload all text files so theey can easily be displayed without embedding large files into the post which makes it very hard to read and impossible to simply copy if the poster does not user the code block.

A good board should handle all of this smoothly. Most PHPBoard sites seem to have a control for this rather than using custom code.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Cannot upload most files

Post by J A Reif »

Not gripe, gripe at all. Only a real user can let us know where all our oversights are with regards to the new forum. Sometimes it's just a matter of changing some setting to make our forum users happy. I have changed the setting to make plain text files uploadable.
June Alane Reif
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Cannot upload most files

Post by jvierra »

Thanks JUne, I am sure it will make users hapier to be able to skip the 'ZIP' step for simple files. I try to get everyone to upload larger files instead of just jamming them into teh edit box.
This topic is 11 years and 5 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.