PowerShell Studio 2012 Standard Editor Features

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
CermakPOI

Post by CermakPOI »

The Editor should detect file changes from other programs.

The Variable Detection works correctly for Single quoted Strings:
' This is my $Variable'

Variables should be resolved inside of Double quoted Strings, just like PS itself does:
" This is my $Variable"

A more visible/configurable approach to bracket matching would be helpful:
I want to change the color (light grey) is so easy to overlook. And a button to select/jump to the matching bracket would nice.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The editor does detect changes if a file was changed after opening. The check is triggered whenever the application regains focus. If you are editing remote files on a network location you have to make sure to check the “Enable Remote File Status Check” option.

As for the quotes, this is all PowerShell. It only expands variables for double quotes.

You can go to the go to the matching bracket by pressing Ctrl + } when the bracket is highlighted.

As for the color change, I will add the request to our feature wish list.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
CermakPOI

Post by CermakPOI »

Hi David,
Thanky for the info! Color customization for bracket highlight is the most important ;-)
But the Shortcut Ctrl+} cannot be used on german keyboards. -> Feature Request: Customizable keyboard shortcuts
This topic is 11 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.