After upgrade to 4.1.535, license not accepted

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 17 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
shawn.tullier@laitram.com

Post by shawn.tullier@laitram.com »

Recently, I ran the Check Updates option on verion 4.0.496 of Primalscript. It notified me that version 4.1.535 was available as a Minor Upgrade.

After downloading and running the upgrade, Primalscript 4.1 prompts me for a license key.

It will not accept the 4.0 license key.

What do I need to do to get this to work?
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

answered viia email
F.G. Rios
cking2@fastenal.com

Post by cking2@fastenal.com »

Now, I wonder what I have to do...ck
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

4.1 will NOT unlock with a 4.0 key. You need to UPGRADE to 4.1.

There was a free upgrade offer from Nov 15th 2006 until January 15th 2007. Registered users were notified of this offer starting in August 2006 via email and on the web site. Additionally, during that time, the update informer in PrimalScript should have let you know there was an upgrade, unless it was turned off.
There is no obligation to upgrade. That is why it is installed by default in a different folder. This way you can continue to use your 4.0. There is a significant set of new functionality in this version, but admittedly, it may not be for everyone. You always have the option of skipping this version and waiting to see if the next upgrade has functionality that makes it worth upgrading for you.

If you are the type of person that always likes to keep your software on the latest and greatest version, we offer an upgrade assurance plan that will guarantee upgrades for 1 year.
F.G. Rios
This topic is 17 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.