Can access Product Forum - Can't create new post..

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
etherknight

Post by etherknight »

I am a registered software licensee and I can access the restricted support forums fine. But when i try and create a new post I am told I am not authorized. :(
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

You have no products registered under this user name. In order to access the product support forums you have to register a product key on My.sapien.com
F.G. Rios
etherknight

Post by etherknight »

I thought that I was not even able to access those forums without a registered user account. In any regard, I just tried the account I already registered with MySapien (mbaker) and it still did not work. I used the 'forgot my password', but still have not seen an email arrive. Will the site tell me if my account name does not exist?

Are the MySapien and forum accounts separate and, if so, do I have to use the same account name?
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

A registered user account on the forums does not give the same level of access as if you have a registered PRODUCT. It is the same account, but you have to register a product with a license key on My.sapien.com and it will then give you access to additional forums.
F.G. Rios
etherknight

Post by etherknight »

Okay, I get that. My mbaker account has (several) registered products. Yet, I cannot log in. I just got my password reminder and that is the password I was using. I went ahead and changed it. The new password is letting me into MySapien, but the forum still tells me the password is incorrect. The captcha is correct as well...
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

Please try the mbaker account again now. i have reset the forum password to be the same as the My.sapien password.
F.G. Rios
etherknight

Post by etherknight »

No dice, I'm afraid. I am getting the captcha challenge, but am still being told my password is incorrect. How long does it take for '3 failed login attempts' to time out? Maybe that's the issue? I can try again tomorrow. I will keep you posted.
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

OK. pretty sure this is fixed now. Give it a shot.
F.G. Rios
etherknight

Post by etherknight »

Huzzah! It's working now! Thanks a lot for your patience. When you see me again, I will be post-op and going by 'mbaker' ;)
This topic is 11 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.