Activation issue

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 3 years and 3 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
theotherkidd77

Activation issue

Post by theotherkidd77 »

Hello all. I am attempting to activate my PowerShell Studio license and I am unable to do so. Please advise. Thanks
Lanae Dale

Re: Activation issue

Post by Lanae Dale »

Hello. Are you receiving a specific error message when attempting to activate?
theotherkidd77

Post by theotherkidd77 »

The activate button is greyed out. All I have is the option to deactivate license or renew. My subscription expired on 8/2020
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please see: https://info.sapien.com/index.php/quick ... vation-faq
From your description it appears that you are looking at the license dialog and not the trial dialog.
That commonly implies that the software is activated, since the "Deactivate" button is active.
The license I see under your account is expiring 09/01/2021.
If you are still using the software on a previously activated machine you likely do not need to do anything. The software will simply get the new expiration date from our server and happily chug along.
You did not specify what version you have installed, so that also would be helpful information.
If it is a trial dialog, the 'Activate' button is generally not active until the activation key, user id and password are entered.

If I was wrong in my assumption and you see some other dialog, please simply post a screenshot.
Please remember that we cannot see your screen and provide as much information as you can.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
theotherkidd77

Post by theotherkidd77 »

Version 5.5.154.0 with updates 1.1.39.0

The message I'm seeing is "Your subscription has expired"
Attachments
Error_Message.png
Error_Message.png (15.4 KiB) Viewed 10666 times
Alexander Riedel

My apologies. Maybe I was not clear enough. I meant a screenshot of the dialog you are seeing.
According to our records your maintenance was updated. So you should be installing 5.8.187
Is there any particular reason you did not do that?
Alexander Riedel
theotherkidd77

Post by theotherkidd77 »

I don't see an options for downloading the latest version
Alexander Riedel

The software stops checking after a subscription expired. It will not offer you any downloads that potentially disable your still working version.
This is a screenshot of your account page on our website.
2021-03-15_12-50-50.png
2021-03-15_12-50-50.png (434.04 KiB) Viewed 10648 times
You can see were you can download the latest build of each individual product.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 3 years and 3 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.