PowerShell Studio with Azure DevOps

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rksolutions

PowerShell Studio with Azure DevOps

Post by rksolutions »

Is there a way to use source control with PowerShell Studio via Azure DevOps or TFS?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio with Azure DevOps

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Coming soon!
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rksolutions

Post by rksolutions »

Do you by chance have an idea on how long it will be? We've had some new requirements and we have to use Azure DevOps for everything now and if PowerShell Studio doesn't support it, then we can't use it anymore.
Alexander Riedel

I cannot guess. There is little documentation from M$, so that makes it hard to put a time line on it.
It is my understanding that TFS can be used with the Team Explorer and does not necessarily require any integration.
When you say 'Azure Devops' I would assume you mean 'Azure Repos', which are Git based. So I would need you to elaborate a little anyway.
Alexander Riedel
rksolutions

Post by rksolutions »

Azure DevOps is what TFS used to be. Microsoft stopped with TFS in 2018 and renamed it to Azure DevOps for 2019 and up. But for all intensive purposes, it's still TFS. It's the exact same thing just with a different name.
Alexander Riedel

Well, then Team Explorer still works. So there is not really anything stopping you at this moment :D
Alexander Riedel
rksolutions

Post by rksolutions »

Oh okay. Then the next question is, how do I use it?
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Basically, you use Team Explorer application to manage your repository outside the editor. So, as long you got your source code repository cloned on your local machine, then you can use PowerShell Studio editor to make changes after the code has been "checkout".

Use the Team Explorer, to do the Checkin and Checkout of the code. Use PowerShell Studio to open the source code from the repository folder then start making changes.

Keep in mind, as long as you have Team Explorer installed, you can use both GUI or the TF commands to work with the repository.

For more information about Azure DevOps/TF, check out Microsoft Documentation at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... ure-devops
This topic is 4 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.