Powershell Studio Reverts to VM version after a domain migration

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kb15@cornell.edu

Powershell Studio Reverts to VM version after a domain migration

Post by kb15@cornell.edu »

My desk top computer with an activated PowerShell Studio license was migrated from one Active Directory Domain to a new domain as part of a AD cleanup project. After this migration, the next time I started PowerShell Studio I received the "attempting to launch a trial version on a virtual machine" message. How do I go about reactivated my current license or deactivating the used license so I can reapply it to this computer?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Powershell Studio Reverts to VM version after a domain migration

Post by davidc »

If the computer's name was changed, it will require you to reactivate the software.

You can always visit your Registered Products page to deactivate the old machine.

https://www.sapien.com/account/products
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
kb15@cornell.edu

Post by kb15@cornell.edu »

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (33.86 KiB) Viewed 4946 times
The deactivate button is greyed out. See attached screen clip. What should I try next?.

Kevin
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

In the software, you can only deactivate if the software is activated.

Using the website, you can deactivate / reset the activation:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2018/03/19/ ... et-policy/
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.