Keeps asking to be activated

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mamoth100

Keeps asking to be activated

Post by mamoth100 »

I own PowerShell Studio. As of about a week ago, each time I launch it, it asks me to Activate it. So I have to log into the web page, get the key, put it in and Activate. Then it's fine until I close the program and reopen. My renewal date is not until November.

I have never installed this on any other computer. It's been installed one time on one computer.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Keeps asking to be activated

Post by J A Reif »

We had a server issue this past Friday-Saturday which could have caused this. The issue has since been resolved. Did this happen to you before Friday 6/15?
June Alane Reif
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mamoth100

Post by mamoth100 »

Unfortunately it happened today. And yes, I think I did notice it first on Friday at 7:00PM.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by J A Reif »

I will make sure our developers see this so they can investigate for you.
June Alane Reif
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

If you opened it for the first time today, it could still can be a result of the activation issues from before. What happens if you close and open the application now? Are you still prompted for activation?

If you are prompted, try running PowerShell Studio as an administrator before activating.

Another typical reason for losing activation is that the environment resets it state. This can happen in Citrix or VM environments.
David
mamoth100

Post by mamoth100 »

Thank you David. Gave it a couple days of opening it and it no longer is prompted me.
This topic is 5 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.