PowerShell 2.0 RTM

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Mechanic

PowerShell 2.0 RTM

Post by Mechanic »

PowerShell 2.0 RTM is available for all versions of Windows?
In our office plan to purchase a licensed version PowerShell 2.0 RTM. And now we have a question, is it suitable for all versions of Windows? And whether there can be problems at use in the future?
Thanks for the answer, mechanic
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell 2.0 RTM

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am sorry, but I am not quite sure what you are asking. PowerShell 2.0 is now simply a compatibility mode in PowerShell 3,4, 5 and 5.1. Since Microsoft Windows PowerShell is a part of the Windows Operating System, there is no need to purchase it, so I am guessing you are asking about something else. Can you please elaborate?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

I never heard of PowerShell 2.0 licensing as its been integrated with Windows 7/8. Most important, this is an old technology and has been deprecated from recent releases of Windows Operating Systems.

For more information, check the following link: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powers ... precation/
Mechanic

Post by Mechanic »

Thanks, I'm not sure about this. My boss said to find out about this, apparently he was just joking with me. I just started working in his office. Got caught on his joke. I'm sorry for such a stupid question.. mechanic
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Hey!! There's no stupid questions!! Please feel free to reach out any time.
This is why we are here to assist and help make you the superhero of PowerShell!!

:)
This topic is 5 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.