PowerShell Studio 2018 upgrade

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
MichaelV

PowerShell Studio 2018 upgrade

Post by MichaelV »

Hello

PowerShell Studio (was 2017) updater suggested the 2018 version, so I figured that I had license for that upgrade since it's been available before my subscription ended 2018-03-01.
But after installing I get this:
---------------------------
PowerShell Studio 2018
Oops! This build is not covered by your subscription. To download the build(s) covered by your subscription, visit your account page (www.sapien.com/account/products). Please contact us at sales@sapien.com if you need further assistance.
OK

On the https://www.sapien.com/account/products/ page I have the 2018 version listed as registered with the same subscription number as before.

Shouldn't I be allowed to use PowerShell Studio 2018?

Thanks

Best regards

Michael
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio 2018 upgrade

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Unfortunately you do not mention which build you installed.
Your subscription covers Version 5.5.149, as shown on your SAPIEN accounts page.
If you downloaded and installed Version 5.5.150, that is past the expiration of your subscription.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
MichaelV

Post by MichaelV »

I see. I was not aware of that. I didn't select version. I just used your updater and selected download and install.
Now I have to uninstall before I can install v5.5.149.

Anyway thanks. I now have an activated copy of PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.149 :)
MichaelV

Post by MichaelV »

By the way; the updater still offers the 5.5.150 version. If I install it, then the application will stop working.

Under license status it says 'Expired subscription', but that didn't make me think that it was a version that I didn't have a license for.

I don't recall previous versions of the updater offered versions that I wasn't licensed for. I previous used PowerShell Studio 2012. But maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway it would be great if users were warned when they are not licensed for the offered version. Or only offer the newest licensed version available.
This topic is 6 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.