Query regarding executable created by Powershell Studio

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
bscdnamd

Query regarding executable created by Powershell Studio

Post by bscdnamd »

Hello Team,

I have one query regarding how PowerShell Studio convert PS1 file to various .exe and is those executable keeps any licensing information. I want to use Powershell studio to create a service executable but my concern is, what if I choose to stop Powershell Studio subscription in future. Will all my services depends on such exe keep running or stop working due to license expire?

Also let me know what will change in functionality, if sometime in future I stop PowerShell Studio subscription. Will my current IDE keep working as it is, or will downgrade to some less functional version like trial version or something else?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Query regarding executable created by Powershell Studio

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Executable files created with a licensed copy of PowerShell Studio (or PrimalScript) do not expire.
Executables created with a trial version expire after three days.

If you let your subscription expire, all programs you created and packaged will continue to work. There is no runtime license.
PowerShell Studio, like all SAPIEN software, will continue to work as before after your subscription expires. You will however not get any
updates anymore. The last version an expired subscription qualifies for is available for download from your account page.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.