Vanished powershell studio 2017 ???

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PSNewbie

Vanished powershell studio 2017 ???

Post by PSNewbie »

Hy, few month ago I installed Powershell Studio 2017 and Help Writer on my Surface Pro and later on my desktop. Strangely, Powershell Studio is missing on the two computers but helpwriter is still install on both. According to my account the two licences of powershell studio are still actived. Do i misses something with the activation ? Any suggestion ? The folder Powershell Studio 2017 exists on the computer but is totally empty. I remembered updating at least once the two products on both computer.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Vanished powershell studio 2017 ???

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We don't automatically uninstall anything due to licensing. Even if you subscription expired, the software does not just remove itself, you can still use the last build you had indefinitely. The only thing I can think of is a botched upgrade process, since that removes the old version and installs the new one.
Just download and install the current version and see what it says.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PSNewbie

Re: Vanished powershell studio 2017 ???

Post by PSNewbie »

I use Kaspersky total protection. And it seems that a false positif remove my two installations of powershell studio 2017. I deseable the it and and install the current version. It seem that everything is ok now. Hope it will not popup in 60 days... ;)

A friend of mine who used Kaspersky too as the same problem with the last update.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.