C:\Config.Msi\62f61b8.rbf

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
drukamp
Has voted: 1 time

Post by drukamp »

When I update my Sapien Suite 2016, this temp folder and file get created:
I run this in a corporate environment and I always get dinged as McAfee declares it Malware. I need to get this file so I can show our IT Security team that this is not Malware and that McAfee needs to deem this a false-positive. The folder is here and gone too quick for me to copy it. Any help would be appreciated.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: C:\Config.Msi\62f61b8.rbf

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The CONFIG.MSI folder is a hidden folder on the root drive of Windows, usually Drive C. The folder is used by the Windows Installer process during an installation of software. It saves files with the extension of .RBS and .RBF. These are Rollback Script Files used by the installer to uninstall recent changes if an install fails somewhere along the way. The rollback script file (.rbs) is always stored in the Config.msi folder on the disk where the operating system is installed. The .rbf files are stored in the Config.msi folder located on the disk where the program that is being backed up currently resides. These can be two different drives.

So this is not a file we distribute, it gets created on your machine as Windows Installer runs.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.