Can't log in to download latest veresion of eBook

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ssg31415926

Post by ssg31415926 »

I've bought Windows PowerShell v2.0: TFM (IPO) (eBook) from you and I've registered it but now I can't log in to download the current version.

I've tried re-registering it and it tells me it's already registered so I've clicked the link to resend my credentials but 24 hrs later, they haven't arrived. It's not in the spam filter, either.

So, then I tried saying I've forgotten my password. It asked for my email address but then tells me it's not registered on the system.

Can you help, please.

Please note that I've also downloaded another book from you. I used different email addresses for the two downloads. I'm logged in with the account attached to the email address I used for the other book.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please email the license key you have for the second book to support@sapien.com. Please use the email this books should be registered to for sending this.
I'll check who it is registered to and move it if required.

Alex
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
ssg31415926

Post by ssg31415926 »

I forgot about this until just now. I've mailed you the details as requested.
Alexander Riedel

I emailed you back to what account it has been registered.
Alexander Riedel
radmaz

Post by radmaz »

Attention Admin Group:

This is apparently a known issue:

I purchaed the ebook Windows PowerShell 2.0: TFM and have registered the title but I cannot download the ebook itself as it says that we've emailed you instructions on how to download...but I never get this so called email.

What gives if it's a know issue why not post the workaround?

This is not a way to do business.

Alexander Riedel

That's quite an accusation. This isn't a "known issue". We are not responsible if someone specifies an incorrect email address or uses an account that no longer exists.
Likewise we cannot do anything if our emails get blocked by your corporate email server. You have to use another account or take it up with your IT dept. if that is the case.

Most commonly, it is sufficient if you white list "sapien.com" or add sales@sapien.com to your address book to avoid a block by YOUR spam filter.

Any email for an ebook that is requested goes out. I checked your account and it was sent. So if you have an issue receiving it you should follow the instructions posted above, as in email your key and your username to support@sapien.com for further checking.

Alexander Riedel
radmaz

Post by radmaz »

how can you explain that I get all sales messages and foum updates sent to the same email address but not the essential one that I paid for.
Alexander Riedel

Here is the server log that shows the last download email which was sent to your email address, including time stamps. Please consult with your email provider.

*** Details hidden to protect email address ***

You should have the details in your notification email.
Alexander Riedel2010-02-05 18:47:50
Alexander Riedel
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

This Problem resolved by using different email address.
F.G. Rios
This topic is 14 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.