Offer "update" - then hit me with a cost?

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ward442

Offer "update" - then hit me with a cost?

Post by ward442 »

Very aggravated now -

I used Powershell Studio in 2015. Great tool. Paid for it out of my own pocket. Haven't used it in a while so loaded it up. Prompted me there were updates so I said install, which included Powershell Studio 2016. No indication there is any cost associated with it. (OK so I should have used some common sense, but I thought you wouldn't offer it to download unless the payment was ok).

So after the update it's now the 2016 Powershell Studio trial version. And since I didn't respond to the short email in late August asking me to upgrade before Sept. 1st, I have to pay full price. I just wanted to leverage the PowerShell Studio 2015 that I paid for, and now I'm totally F'd.

Aggravated - Very unhappy and no where else to complain to because the customer service email form on your site won't come up.

Looking for alternatives now.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Offer "update" - then hit me with a cost?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That is not really a problem. Your 2015 license is still intact. Just uninstall the 2016 trial and install the 2015 version you have.
You can download the installer from your SAPIEN accounts page, which is also where you see your subscription number to unlock it.
FWIW, the new update tool does not download updates for an expired subscription unless you check an extra box to enable that.

I am not sure what customer service email form you are referring to. You can always email support@sapien.com or just post here.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.