Virus detected after latest updates

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
agivx3

Virus detected after latest updates

Post by agivx3 »

My Virus scanner F-Secure and also Ad-Aware are detecting generic trojan after the latest powershell Studio updates:

<InfectedObject ThreatName="Gen:Variant.MSILPerseus.44510" ThreatType="Virus" ObjectStatus="Infected" InnerObject="" ParentContainers="" ObjectPath="\\?\C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2016\ScriptEngines\SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.exe" ObjectType="File"/>

I had no threats before the update.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Virus detected after latest updates

Post by Alexander Riedel »

This file has not changed in quite some time and our virus scanners detect no infections in published files. I am assuming it is a false positive, as it has happened before. You should however submit the file in question to your virus scanner provider for verification, just to be on the safe side.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Ramon Kroese

Re: Virus detected after latest updates

Post by Ramon Kroese »

Today my virus scanner also removed the file win32.exe. When I searched on VirusTotal for the hash of the file I found this link: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/dcaa ... /analysis/. The detection rate is now 6/54. Tomorrow I will try to submit the file to the antivirus vendor.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.