Powershell Studio installed on pooled XenDesktop Virtual Machine

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
BananaJr

Powershell Studio installed on pooled XenDesktop Virtual Machine

Post by BananaJr »

We would like to install Powershell Studio onto a virtual machine in a pool so we are not going to get the same machine back after rebooting and any changes made to the C:\ drive are lost though profile changes are saved. Is the license information stored in the users profile so it will follow the registered user from machine to machine or do we need to test this and find out what happens?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Powershell Studio installed on pooled XenDesktop Virtual Machine

Post by Alexander Riedel »

How many users will utilize this VM pool?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
BananaJr

Re: Powershell Studio installed on pooled XenDesktop Virtual Machine

Post by BananaJr »

There are 7 of us and two want to use the software. I tested using my account and the license isn't retained in the profile if I try to license it from my session and then reboot and if I license the base image it only shows licensed on the VM it was installed on and not any other machines I log into. I don't think this is going to work in a pooled VM configuration since the license seems to only work on the desktop name it was installed on and my userID together which I get makes sense, it's just that we are trying to find ways to cut down and tying one virtual machine to one user to save capacity costs. I'm not sure there is a way to have the license follow a user from machine to machine.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.