FORMS

Use this forum to ask product-specific questions about our free tools. We do not offer full support for our free tools but will do our best to answer any questions you may have. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
johnson54937

FORMS

Post by johnson54937 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: Studio 2020
32 or 64 bit version of product:64
Operating system:Win 10
32 or 64 bit OS:64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I see mention in the forums...even when someone lists specific code.... Users of Powershell Studio FORMS...
Is this available? or has it been replaced by PrimalPad ??
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: FORMS

Post by brittneyr »

PowerShell Studio is one of our commercial products; it comes with the ability to design Window Forms. There is a 45 day trial if you would like to test out the software. If you are interested in purchasing a license, then please contact sales@sapien.com.

PrimalPad is our free editor for VBScript, JScript, HTML, C++, C#, SQL and PowerShell files.

I hope this clears up the confusion :).
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
johnson54937

Post by johnson54937 »

Do you have a link for the trial? I can't seem to find it...
Also... does it not come with the DevOps Suite?
johnson54937

Post by johnson54937 »

I asked how to get all the products, and was told to purchase DevOps Suite... So I did.... and still don't have everything?
johnson54937

Post by johnson54937 »

Ahhh
I have powershell Studio..
and purchased a book....
but the book didn't help with the coding, syntax...
where is the documentation for that?
like i see all the ADSI info.. how to use it in a form...
WMI... how to mix it up in a form?
how to get functions from ps1 files to use with a new form...etc...
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

First, whatever book you purchased was not through us so I'm not entirely sure the contents; we stopped selling our book a while ago. You may want to get a refund.

Second, I believe there is a misunderstanding. In order to properly use PowerShell Studio and its tools, it helps to have a basic understanding of PowerShell itself. We do have specific forums for posting scripting questions in order for you to get help, but you need to be able to explain what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

As Alexander suggested in one of your other posts, Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches is a great book to learn PowerShell.

Third, I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do in your form without more information. Please understand that this is not a place where we will do stuff for you, but we do try to help push you in the right direction.
In order for functions in a ps1 in a psf or another ps1, you need to dot source:
  1. . 'C:\Scripts\MyFunctions.ps1'
You can also use one of our project templates and add the existing ps1 to it.

I hope this helps.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.