Transfer Modules to another pc

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Transfer Modules to another pc

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Product, version and build:
ModuleManager 2021 v1.1.10
Operating system:
win 10 enter v21h1
PowerShell version(s):

I am wondering if it is possible to use Module Manager to help re-install all the modules I had/have on another computer. Both computers are win 10, v21h1, with all the same Sapien products and versions on PS, basically they are clones (or working on making it so. Just starting over with fresh installs of everything. There is an issue with old laptop that is getting worse and don't want to wait and don't want to clone the issue into new laptop, so fresh installs ya!!!

Can module Manager actually help install the modules from the other pc? I see that I can save all settings (under options) and that I can also 'load settings'. But when I try to 'load' nothing really happens other that it asks me to restart program for effects to hold.

Thoughts?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Transfer Modules to another pc

Post by brittneyr »

At the moment, there is no way to transfer modules installed on one machine to another, but we have been looking into a feature similar to this.

If the modules you are looking for are on a repository, you can use Search (Home->Repository) to locate and install modules on your new PC.
The 'Load Settings' under Options refers to the application settings, not the module information.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Post by Reddrgn2 »

I thought that was going to be the case, I have been doing it that way. Sadly there is about 100 module difference. Little time consuming and annoying. Thanks though :)
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

We have updated PowerShell ModuleManager (1.2.14) to be able to provide a list of modules for it to install locally or remotely. At the moment, it only works for modules from repositories.
For more detail, please refer to the following article:
https://www.sapien.com/blog/2022/01/18/ ... lemanager/
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.