I don't see how to add a module

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: I don't see how to add a module

Post by brittneyr »

The list the ModuleManager displays is from the cmdlet:
  1. Get-Module -listavailable
If the desired module is displayed when running that cmdlet, but isn't visible when using ModuleManager, try refreshing the list shown in the application. This can be done by going to the top-left corner of the application and clicking the reload icon:
Refresh.png
Refresh.png (52.65 KiB) Viewed 12460 times
System modules, like ActiveDirectory, are filtered out by default. To view them, adjust the filter settings in the ribbon:
Filter_ribbon.png
Filter_ribbon.png (333.4 KiB) Viewed 12460 times
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DenverDenver

Post by DenverDenver »

Arg I didn't see your reply on page 2.
Enabling system kinda helped... but I still don't see it.

If I'm in the powershell ISE, I can load the module:

Import-Module 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\ConfigurationManager\ConfigurationManager.psd1'

Works fine -autocomplete works etc. But nothing I do seems to get the autocomplete to run in powershell studio.
Sorry I feel like a complete pain.. I feel like I'm missing something really basic.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

From your last post, I'm not sure your problem is with PowerShell ModuleManager or PowerShell Studio. Can you please elaborate where you expect to see this module? If your problem is with PowerShell Studio, please post your question in the following forum:
viewforum.php?f=12
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DenverDenver

Post by DenverDenver »

I guess I assumed they work together. I'm not getting module cmdlets to show up in studio so I figured that's what the manager was for. I'll post over there
This topic is 5 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.