Broken installer?

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jpsellers@the-krell-labs.com

Broken installer?

Post by jpsellers@the-krell-labs.com »

I have tried to install the udates for "PowerShell Studio 2021 v5.8.193" several times, on multiple Windows 10 workstations with two different AV products and in all attempts, the installer has been seen by the AV products as a virus and the installation has not only beeen blocked but the currently installed version has been removed leaving me with nothing. The most current version that I can install is v5.8.193. This is very frustrating.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Broken installer?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have checked our installer (again) through virustotal.com
2021-10-09_13-36-09.png
2021-10-09_13-36-09.png (127.42 KiB) Viewed 7861 times
While false positives are not too uncommon, you never know. Our downloads are always checked but we are always happy to double check.

We do however have no control what happens to a file once you download it. We have no control how it gets routed, or what is on your machine.
There is really nothing we can do about that as we have no access to your files or your AV software, nor can we determine what version of what software you have.

If you (or anyone else) gets a virus or malware alert on an installer or any installed file, you must submit your file to your AV vendor. We check our files but we cannot check your files.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Just to make sure no file inside the installer poses a problem, I have installed the latest build on a variety of machines and no virus or malware alert was issued.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

[Moved to correct forum by moderator]
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.