Registration Issue

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 3 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gareth.jacobs

Registration Issue

Post by gareth.jacobs »

Yesterday on 1 Jul 2020 I renewed my subscription for PowerShell Studio as yellow-flagged that it was set to expire in 29 days.

I re-registered my copy using an offline license that I generated and it was accepted, however upon reloading the application it still reports that it will expire in 29 days. Is this going to become an issue at that time?

*** Just as an update: I have reapplied the license file a 2nd time and the expiry date has now updated to 7/2021.

Regards
Gareth
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Registration Issue

Post by brittneyr »

The yellow-flag notifications do take a little to refresh. Is this where it was saying it was going to expire in 29 days?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
gareth.jacobs

Post by gareth.jacobs »

Yes, the yellow flag alert is where the 29 (now 28) day expiry warning was.

As of this morning the problem has returned. The expiry date has gone back to 7/2020 and the yellow warning flag has re-appeared with a 28 day message.

It also kicked me out of an editing session, which I was not happy about, saying something about the installation not being active or similar???

I have, once again, unregistered and re-registered with the offline license file but this time is has not updated - it has remained at 7/2020. When I un-registered it complained that it could not contact the license server. The re-registration reported it was successful but the old expiry date remains.

Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.179
Build: v10.0.19041.0
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Are you using an offline license that was generated from before you renewed your license? If so, please try generating a new license file.
Brittney
gareth.jacobs

Post by gareth.jacobs »

I just generated a new offline file and applied it - it took, but the same result: 07/2020 is still the expiry date.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Please deactivate your product from the license dialog:
DeactivateLicense.png
DeactivateLicense.png (67.19 KiB) Viewed 12067 times
Then try applying your license file again.
Brittney
gareth.jacobs

Post by gareth.jacobs »

Yup - did that again as well as a number of times previously - same result. Just comes back as 7/2020
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Please download the following tool and use it to deactivate PowerShell Studio:
https://sapien.s3.amazonaws.com/downloa ... ivator.exe

Then re-apply the license file. Please let us know if it worked or not.
Brittney
gareth.jacobs

Post by gareth.jacobs »

With PS closed I ran the provided tool:
  1. >> Deactivating License
  2. Product:        PowerShell Studio
  3. Subscription:   XXXXXXXXXXXXXX36
  4. Machine:        5CG92175HF
  5. Date:           4/07/2020 17:31:49
  6. Online Deactivation:    Success
  7. Machine ID:         b1e8dd8eac2d43fb6c8eb2fa916422423258ff51
  8. Local Deactivation: Success
  9. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  10. 466602383b669fb84dfa951027bc9f8f0996c346
  11. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then I opened PS and it still said it was still registered??? (I have the screenshot if you want it).

After about 1 minute it flashed up the message: "This computer appears to be no longer activated..." and then exited with the following error dump:
  1. [2020.07.04 - 17:45:08] Unhandled Exception:
  2. Cannot access a disposed object.
  3. Object name: 'MainFormDX'.
  4.    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
  5.    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
  6.    at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.CreateHandle()
  7.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.RibbonForm.CreateHandle()
  8.    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
  9.    at ..()
  10.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
  11.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarButtonItem.OnClick(BarItemLink link)
  12.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarItemLink.OnLinkClick()
  13.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.BarButtonItemLink.OnLinkAction(BarLinkAction action, Object actionArgs)
  14.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.ClickLink(BarItemLink link)
  15.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.ViewInfo.BarSelectionInfo.UnPressLink(BarItemLink link)
  16.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.Handler.BaseRibbonHandler.OnUnPressItem(DXMouseEventArgs e, RibbonHitInfo hitInfo)
  17.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.Handler.BaseRibbonHandler.OnMouseUp(DXMouseEventArgs e)
  18.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.Handler.RibbonHandler.OnMouseUp(DXMouseEventArgs e)
  19.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.RibbonControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
  20.    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  21.    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  22.    at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.BaseWndProc(Message& m)
  23.    at DevExpress.XtraBars.Ribbon.RibbonControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  24.    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
  25. --------------------------------------------------
Upon relaunching PS it still said it was registered - expiring in 7/2020.

I deactivated and reapplied the license. It was accepted but the expiry date is still 7/2020.
gareth.jacobs

Post by gareth.jacobs »

An update to this issue: I have taken my machine home and activated the software through my own broadband connection where I don't have firewall issues. The problem has resolved itself using this method, however clearly the offline license activation process has issues.

Still happy to help you try and test any resolution to this problem as I still work offline a lot of the time.

G
This topic is 3 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.