Upgrade to 169 and offline licensing

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Upgrade to 169 and offline licensing

Post by Lembasts »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: powershell studio 169
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: win10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I upgraded my PS from 167 to 169. I am using an offline licence file as my computer is in a secure state and is not allowd to access the internet. After upgrading to 169, I start PS and get the message 'The remote name could not be resolved 'www.sapien.com'. Then I get a popup window saying I cannot connect to the activation server. Of course retry does not work at this point and cancel ends the program. What happened to my offline licensing please and how can I fix this?
Thanks
David
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Upgrade to 169 and offline licensing

Post by brittneyr »

I apologize for the inconvenience. Based on our records, you have multiple accounts. To help assist you better, please email sales@sapien.com with the license number and username you are utilizing.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by Lembasts »

Thanks. Is this related to update 170 which fixes 'licensing issues'?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

Yes, it is related. Now if that issue happens again, the license dialog will pop up.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.