Unable to fire up PowerShell Studio

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
theotherkidd

Unable to fire up PowerShell Studio

Post by theotherkidd »

Product, version and build:
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

After the latest update to PowerShell Studio, I am no longer able to fire up PowerShell Studio due to .NET 4.7.1. When I try to install .NET 4.7.1 I get an error stating my OS .NET 4.7.1 is not supported on this OS. Is there a way for me to reinstall an older version of PowerShell Studio? I use this product daily. Thanks
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Unable to fire up PowerShell Studio

Post by davidc »

That is an odd error since Windows 10 definitely supports .NET 4.7.1.

1. What build of Windows 10 are you using? Is it a preview build or an old build of Windows 10?

2. Try downloading the full version of .NET 4.7.1 installer from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=56116
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
theotherkidd

Post by theotherkidd »

Windows 10 build 10240. I figured how to download an older version of PowerShell Studio and I'm good to go now. I'll just avoid updating the product going forward. Thanks for you rapid response David.

Gary
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Before you roll back, try the following:

1. Go to PowerShell Studio's installation folder and open the PowerShell Studio.exe.config file:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2019\PowerShell Studio.exe.config
2. Replace this line:

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1" />
with this:

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.2"/>
3. Save and try running the application.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
theotherkidd

Post by theotherkidd »

That worked David. Thanks much!!
This topic is 4 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.