Installation issues PowerShell Studio 2017 via SCCM

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kekun01

Installation issues PowerShell Studio 2017 via SCCM

Post by kekun01 »

Product, version and build: SPS17Setup_5.4.143_080217
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 8.1
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

I must make a package for PowerShell Studio 2017 to deploy with SCCM 2012 silently.

Here is my command line for silent install :
SPS17Setup_5.4.143_080217_x64.exe /exenoui /exenoupdates /Qn

When I run my installation script from the command line (as an admin user), PowerShell Studio 2017, SAPIEN Document Explorer and ScriptMerge are installed correctly.

However, when I deploy via SCCM (as user SYSTEM), only PowerShell Studio get installed. Is there a way to install all features?

Thanks in advance
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Installation issues PowerShell Studio 2017 via SCCM

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It has something to do with MSI (or the Advanced Installer bootstrap exe) not executing things when there is no logged on user. We are currently investigating the issue.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Installation issues PowerShell Studio 2017 via SCCM

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It is an MSI problem, please contact Microsoft in that matter. It is unfortunately not documented (at least not something that holds true) what prerequisites get installed without a user being logged on and which not.

Also, please do NOT use the "Report this post" feature of the forum to try and communicate with us. There is no way to reply, so please create a new topic if necessary.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.