SPS 2017 Installation Problemsource file not found

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
vadocit

SPS 2017 Installation Problemsource file not found

Post by vadocit »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: SPS17 5.4.144
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 Bit
Antivirus McAfee

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Doing a fresh installed of the latest SPS but I keep getting and error

Source file not found: C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\SPS 5.4.144.0\install\4920CD9\ScriptEngines\SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Help Needed
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: SPS 2017 Installation Problemsource file not found

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
vadocit

Post by vadocit »

I did check that but the file was there and I check the permission and everything look good

thanks for the heads up

best regards
Alexander Riedel

So you got it installed now?
Alexander Riedel
qcleRGjd1690476575

Post by qcleRGjd1690476575 »

I too am getting this same error when trying to install the latest SPS 2017 version. I do not have the option to temporarily disable or uninstall my AV product. Will there be a new build available that doesn't trigger AV?
Alexander Riedel

Please understand that we have no control over what your anti-virus product detects, nor can we possible check all products.
While we are working on a solution that we hope will it make less likely for these simple pattern based scans to detect a false positive, we cannot exercise any control over these products. You need to contact the vendor of your anti-virus software.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.