SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine missing when installing

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
isl19960

SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine missing when installing

Post by isl19960 »

Product, version and build: SPS 5.4.144.0 (latest)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Win10 1703
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Trying to update my SPS.

Setup ended up removing SPS from my machine.

Trying to re-install it but get the following error:

Source file not found: C:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\SPS 5.4.144.0\install\4920CD9\ScriptEngines\SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I can see that the file does not exist.

So now I am stuck and not able to install SPS again.

What can I do to fix this ?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine missing when installing

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Sometimes an overeager anti-virus product removes those engine files as soon as the installer unpacks them.
Check the logs of your your software if it removes the file on installation.
If so, contact your anti-virus software vendor to verify the file and leave it alone. We cannot be sure of course what happens on your machine but commonly that is a false positive.
If you do not run any such software and the file is still missing, please let us know.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
isl19960

Re: SAPIEN PowerShell V2 Host (Windows Forms) Win32.engine missing when installing

Post by isl19960 »

I am using Cisco AMP protection on my machine.

Uninstalling that fixed the problem.

Thanks a lot for the hint :)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Glad to hear you got it all working.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.