install powershell studio pop ups a dialog for cancellation, when answering no the install stops (install does not even

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
xmerlin
Has voted: 1 time

install powershell studio pop ups a dialog for cancellation, when answering no the install stops (install does not even

Post by xmerlin »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: SPS17Setup_5.4.139_041917_x64.exe
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system:Windows 10 [Version 10.0.14393]
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Installation does not proceed or start: instead a pop up appears to cancel the installation with yes or no. Whether yes or no is clicked the installation does not start. I have attached screen copies as well as a log file resulting from running the exe with the following switches: /qn /L*v .\SPS_Install.log
Attachments
psstudio_fail.jpg
psstudio_fail.jpg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
SPS_Install.log
(27.83 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: install powershell studio pop ups a dialog for cancellation, when answering no the install stops (install does not e

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It appears the installation or download of a .NET prerequisite fails. Is the machine connected to the internet?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
xmerlin

Re: install powershell studio pop ups a dialog for cancellation, when answering no the install stops (install does not e

Post by xmerlin »

Yes, the machine is connected to the network
Alexander Riedel

I have submitted the screenshot and the log to the vendor of our installer software.
Alexander Riedel
xmerlin

Post by xmerlin »

I have also upgraded my W10 machine and installation is also no longer working. Same screens as mentioned in the beginning of this thread. I include also my log. My W10 version and hotfixes installed is listed in OS.txt (attached)
Attachments
OS.txt
(709 Bytes) Downloaded 272 times
SPS_Install2.log
(13.92 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Alexander Riedel

That windows version is an older build, not the current one, I am not sure if this plays any role here.
Please use the numbers from WinVer, as they are more common to compare.
But for your purpose 10.0.15063 would be the current number.

The installer folks say that this phenomenon occurs when Windows installer cannot authenticate the MSI signature inside the exe installer.
Which in turn can be cause by missing root certificates as the Windows version is not up to date. They indicated that looking at the event log might contain something helpful.
The MSI log itself does not indicate any failure.

I would suggest to install something else from our website (e.g. PrimalScript or VersionRecall) to see if this is a problem with your machine or the particular PowerShell Studio installer.
Alexander Riedel
xmerlin

Post by xmerlin »

Winver shows this: Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1670). This is .net 4.6.2 ... which 64bit install exe should work with this version?
xmerlin

Post by xmerlin »

I was able to install using SPS17Setup_5.4.143_080217_x64.exe but when trying to unlock i get build not covered by your subscription. I thought the version we had would continue to work once the licence expired but updates would no longer be possible. Any chance of making the previous version work again? or are we forced to renew licence?
Alexander Riedel

Your subscription expired on 6/1/2017. The last build your subscription qualifies for is version 5.4.140
You can always download the last build for any expired subscription from your SAPIEN account page.
I suggest to uninstall the version you have installed and to install the version mentioned above.
If you run into trouble with that please let is know.
Alexander Riedel
xmerlin

Post by xmerlin »

version 5.4.140 is not working, problem installing as reported earlier
This topic is 6 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.