After Installation of PSS 2016 I get an access denied popup when launching

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mirussell

After Installation of PSS 2016 I get an access denied popup when launching

Post by mirussell »

Product, version and build:
Powershell Studio 2016, not sure of the build since I cannot launch the product
64 bit version
Windows 7 64 bit

After Installation of PSS 2016 I get an access denied popup when launching. Since it is a lot of text, I will only type the few characters of the error.
Access is denied at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 proccessId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited) etc.....
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: After Installation of PSS 2016 I get an access denied popup when launching

Post by davidc »

Can you post a screenshot of the error? Without starting the app, you can get the version via the executable's properties or by using Control Panel->Program and Features list.

Is there a particular reason you are using 2016 instead of the latest version?
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mirussell

Post by mirussell »

It was due to Powerbroker, as my company uses it as a security requirement. I cannot use the latest version because it has not been vetted with my company, hence it is not allowed to be used.
IT department admin was able to get it after uninstall/reinstall in the correct sequence. BTW I wasn't allow to post screenshot as I would have had to host the image somewhere, and that isn't allowed by my company.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

It is not necessary to host the file, you can attach files and images directly to this topic. Just use the "Full Editor & Preview" button when responding.

Is there a record of the error in the Windows event logs? You can try copy & pasting the text from there.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.