Breaking changes 2015 PStudio vs. latest version?

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
LtMandella

Breaking changes 2015 PStudio vs. latest version?

Post by LtMandella »

I have delayed upgrading from PStudio 2015 to the latest and greatest 2017 because I don't want to take any risk of breaking or interfering with maintenance of existing Pshell GUI apps developed with 2015 version.

Assuming I have the latest 5.X version of powershell installed, are there any changes to the 2017 PStudio IDE, or PStudio specific code and artifacts in 2017 version that are known to break Winform apps developed with 2015 version?

thanks,
Ken
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Breaking changes 2015 PStudio vs. latest version?

Post by davidc »

PowerShell Studio 2017 will make some changes to the generated scripts in addition to updating the psf and project file structures:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2016/11/15/ ... -v5-3-130/

When you save the psf form in the newer version, it will automatically create a backup of the original file. This will allow you to go back to an older version if you need to.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 6 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.