Sapien Suite 2017 update

Use this forum to ask questions about installation or issues encountered while installing our software.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DAMACSB

Sapien Suite 2017 update

Post by DAMACSB »

Product, version and build: 5.3.130, Sapien Suite
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 32
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro in VirtualBox
32 or 64 bit OS: 32bit on top of 64bit Host

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Hi.
I received an update to Sapien Suite 2017 but am still seeing the Sapien Suite 2016 startup screen and the shortcuts in the Tools bar open to a webpage describing new features instead of opening the tools.
Can this be corrected?
DevinL

Re: Sapien Suite 2017 update

Post by DevinL »

When you say that you're still seeing the SAPIEN Suite 2016 startup screen, can you please specify which product you're referring to?

The suite refers to all of our available products, so do you mean to say that all of your installed products aren't actually updating?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DAMACSB

Post by DAMACSB »

Hi Devin.

My products have updated except for the Sapien Suite startup page and I'm not able to load the products (ie. PrimlScript), etc from inside the Suite when the Suite is open. I can start files and projects but if I try to load a complimentary product from the tools, I get bounced to the Sapien website to read the program descriptions. I think the only one actually opening is the Power RegEx tool.
Also...PrimalPad 2017 constantly wants to update.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Can you please do me a favor and provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

What you're describing could mean a number of different things so this will help narrow it down for us.
DevinL
DAMACSB

Post by DAMACSB »

ScreenShot...What I'm trying to do is have the correct Sapien Suite wrapper and get the Tools for Sapien Suite 17 to load from the Suite.
Attachments

[The extension docx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

DevinL

Post by DevinL »

First off, it seems as though you think the SAPIEN Suite is an individual product.

The screenshot you uploaded is of PowerShell Studio 2016, which you can upgrade to 2017 by clicking the Help tab in the ribbon and choosing "Check for Updates":
Check_For_Updates.png
Check_For_Updates.png (19.33 KiB) Viewed 5974 times
In the update tool, it should check for updates and then show you the available versions:
Check_For_Updates-2.png
Check_For_Updates-2.png (101.21 KiB) Viewed 5974 times
DevinL
DAMACSB

Post by DAMACSB »

Hi Devin.
The studio never updates and always remains at the 2016 version. I also get constant updates to PrimalScript and PrimalPad, always the same versions..
I've run the update checker manually and it always runs on schedule. The issue remains the same; the console does not update to 2017 and PrimalScript 2017 and PrimalPad2017 always require applying the same update.
I realize I've chosen to work in PowerShell Studio but it seems this is an update issue belonging to the suite.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear to begin with. You've been very helpful. I've worked with Sapien tools for a long time and have always been pleased with them.
I've included a snapshot of the checkupdates results.

Thanks.
Dan
Attachments

[The extension docx has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

DAMACSB

Post by DAMACSB »

Hi Devin.

Is there a way for me to get the suite working again. Every time I try to run a tool from the Suite's console I get a bounce to the internet instead of the tool I'd like to run.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Sorry for the delay, if you could, please try installing the software by manually downloading the installer from your account page and running it on your machine.

When you run the installer, if it does not install correctly, then, please log the installation process by running the installer from a command prompt or PowerShell console like so:
  1. .\SPS17Setup_5.4.136_022717_x64.exe /L*v .\SPSInstall.log
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.