DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
Allow selection of a module from a file browser dialog and search the $env:PSModulePath defined in the default profile.
If it is using a profile can you let me know where it is looking as it does not appear to use the default profile.
Thank you for posting, dmuegge.
Did you remember to include the following?
- 1. Product, version and build (e.g. Product: PowerShell Help Writer 2015, Version & Build: 1.0.9. Version and build information can be found in the product's About box accessed by clicking the blue icon with the 'i' in the upper right hand corner of the ribbon.)
2. Specify if you are running a 32 or 64 bit version
3. Specify your operating system and if it is 32 or 64 bit.
4. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
5. Attach a zip file if you have multiple files (crash reports, log entries, etc.) related to your issue.
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.
*** Make sure you do not post any licensing information ***
Getting modules from any path is definitely on our list. We'll add your vote for prioritizing this feature.
I'll let David Corrales answer the profile question, but I don't believe we access any PowerShell profiles in HelpWriter. Did you want to use the profile to configure a help feature?
Thanks for the reply.
No, I did not want to use the profile for a specific purpose, but I add a custom module path to the $env:PSModulePath variable in my default profile. I thought I may be able to add that code somewhere as a workaround.
I just added my module to the default path temporarily as a workaround. I think you already addressed my concern by adding my vote for the feature request.
PowerShell HelpWriter does not have any custom profiles since it is only looking at module help content.
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests