WMI Explorer 2014 V2.0.45.091614 does not start

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cybertyger

WMI Explorer 2014 V2.0.45.091614 does not start

Post by cybertyger »

On my System right after the installation WMI Explorer 2014 does not start. I receive an error message in German:
Error Message
Error Message
SAPIEN-Error.png (37.9 KiB) Viewed 18301 times
In English it means basically:
"The specified device or path or the file can not be accessed. You may not have sufficient privileges to access the element."

Product:
WMI Explorer 2014 Version 2.0.45.091614 (32 bit version)
WMI Explorer 2014 Version 2.0.45.091614 (64 bit version)

Operating system:
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: WMI Explorer 2014 V2.0.45.091614 does not start

Post by Alexander Riedel »

WMI Explorer 2014 requires elevated privileges to run.
The error message would indicate you are not allowed to elevate on your system.
(I can read German, no worries)
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cybertyger

Post by cybertyger »

Thanks for your fast reply! But it is not possible to run the program as Administrator under a restricted user account. Trying to run as Administrator results in the same error message without asking for Admin credentials. I have to log off from the restricted user account and to log on to an Administrator account to run the program.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am not sure I understand. WMI Explorer has a manifest that automatically asks for elevation if launched. If your user
ID does not have the right to elevate you see a message like this.
If you do not elevate you do not have access to the root namespace and therefore you simply would see nothing.

Please try on a machine with no access restriction and determine that way which rights your user is missing.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.