Output results do not show arrays

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
whompem

Output results do not show arrays

Post by whompem »

When getting instances in WMI Explorer (using latest version 2.0.41) When running a query, the output results do not show anything if the datatype is an array of xx, and the property/method only says the base data type (string for example) instead of identifying it as an array.

I had to switch to CIM Studio (or write code) to extract arrays of values. I'm not sure if this should be considered a bug or a feature enhancement request.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Output results do not show arrays

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It is supposed to show arrays.
Maybe you can be more specific and tell us how you run the query and what exact class and property? That way we can look and find out what happens.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
whompem

Post by whompem »

Select * From Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration. The Output results have IPAddress blank. This is an array of strings but it doesn't say it is an array in the CIMType/.NET Type, nor does it have a value or a button to press to enumerate the array. When I tried using the property list option, it just came back with null entries for values for IPAddress. If there is another way to enumerate an array I don't see it - even the export didn't include the array's individual values.

The attached image is what I see for IP address and according to wbemtest, the first record should have 2 IP addresses, 1 IPv4 and 1 IPv6.

The sample that I actually needed to see the values was for the root\ccm namespace (which is the SCCM client) so this example provides the same experience I had for what I was actually trying to accomplish.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (962 Bytes) Viewed 24192 times
Alexander Riedel

I see what you mean. I will look into it.
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

This issue will be resolved in the next service build.
Alexander Riedel
whompem

Post by whompem »

Thanks for the update.
whompem

Post by whompem »

Arrays now show with the latest release.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.