Network Policy Server

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
obrienc

Network Policy Server

Post by obrienc »

Product, version and build: WMI 2016
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

I am having trouble finding settings for Network Policy Server - Server 2012 R2. I tried a couple of custom queries like below but I am still learning to use the tool. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Select "Shared Secrets" from Win32_PerfFormattedData_IAS_NPSAccountingServer
DevinL

Re: Network Policy Server

Post by DevinL »

If you execute Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_PerfFormattedData_IAS_NPSAccountingServer from a PowerShell console, does it return the objects you'd expect?

If so, then this tells us that there is a bug in WMI Explorer preventing this class from appearing.

If you can't query the object from PowerShell then it's likely it's not present on your machine.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Browse to the class in question (or use search) and examine the members shown. Sample queries are generated on the help tab.
You say you are running on Windows 7 but you need to query a Windows Server 2012 R2. Are you actually connected to that server?
If you query your local WMI database you will not see results from a remote computer.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
obrienc

Post by obrienc »

Thanks for the replies. I can get connected to the NPS but can't quite find the right key. I want to read and create new templates for shared secret. i need to create 100+. Under tools I searched for secret, shared, nps found some entries but when i executed didnt return what i wanted.

Could you please link me a more simple query as an example so i can see the workflow from, trying to find a key to changing the key?
This topic is 7 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.