Powershell Studio 2020 32-Bit not supported

Anything you want to tell us? Praise? Criticism? Post it here. Please keep it professional and constructive.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
peter_mclean@dodo.com.au

Powershell Studio 2020 32-Bit not supported

Post by peter_mclean@dodo.com.au »

I have two 32-bit Windows PCs on which I use PowerShell Studio 2019 to avidly develop PowerShell projects and scripts. I have recently renewed by subscription to PowerShell Studio 2020 and now find that I cannot upgrade to the latest version of PowerShell Studio 2020 32-bit on any of these 2 PCs, i.e. version 5.1.172. I now can only run 1 of my 2 allowable activations for PowerShell Studio 2020 on one of my PCs because I only have one 64-bit PC. This is because 32-bit is not supported for PowerShell Studio 2020. The Sapien web site lists under my account, downloads of PowerShell Studio 2019 32-bit up to version 5.7.172. However, the downloads do not work for PowerShell Studio 2019 32-bit above version 5.1.170. I therefore suggest that you do not list for download, PowerShell Studio 2019 32-bit above version 5.1.170. Also please help me understand why you have discontinued support for PowerShell Studio 32-bit, a great product which I absolutely love and support, when there will be lots of users out there who still wish to run the latest version of PowerShell Studio being 2020, on their 32-bit machines? I would have thought that all you need to do is compile PowerShell Studio 2020 for 32-bit or 64-bit or is there more to it than that?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Powershell Studio 2020 32-Bit not supported

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We announced in August that we will discontinue 32 bit versions with the 2020 versions.
https://www.sapien.com/blog/2019/08/26/ ... d-in-2020/

We did a survey as to how many users still use 32 bit to develop and the result was zero. I am sorry you missed the chance to provide feedback on this.

I will forward your comment about the downloads to the web team. Something that is not available should not be offered for download.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
J A Reif
Answers: 1
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Powershell Studio 2020 32-Bit not supported

Post by J A Reif »

Dear Peter,
Thank you for pointing out this issue. It has been addressed. Each Version Archive is now presenting the proper available 32-bit versions.
June Alane Reif
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.