Module Manager for non-admin

Anything you want to tell us? Praise? Criticism? Post it here. Please keep it professional and constructive.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
QvicesHg1651163019

Module Manager for non-admin

Post by QvicesHg1651163019 »

Module Manager will only run as an administrator currently. While I understand that's necessary to update shared/system modules, it means I cannot use it to manage the user modules for my non-admin (everyday) account. This makes it incompatible with any least-privilege environment where user accounts and admin accounts are separate, and completely unusable for end users with no admin rights at all.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Module Manager for non-admin

Post by brittneyr »

Thank you for the suggestion. We will see what we can do.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
marthasimons

Re: Module Manager for non-admin

Post by marthasimons »

Thanks for bringing this up as I've noticed this disadvantage of the system as well ;). Please let me know if something changes about the configuration. Thanks.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.