PS Studio 2016 Aboput Dialog Copy Information

Anything you want to tell us? Praise? Criticism? Post it here. Please keep it professional and constructive.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jkent@

PS Studio 2016 Aboput Dialog Copy Information

Post by jkent@ »

This refers to Powershell Studio 2016

In many of your forums you advocate to not put license keys in the forum post, however when I open the help about from the 'i' in the top right which is titled
"About
Displays Product Information"

It shows a button Copy Info which when clicked copies some pre-filled data from a text box to the left. I figured that data was the version and build number gievn that the dialog is about product information but after looking at the other icon up top to the left of the product info I see that what I thought was the build number was actually the license number. So I back tracked and edited ALL my forum posts to remove that.

Please consider pre-populating that text box in the About dialog with the information _about_ the product rather than the license, e.g.,

"SAPIEN PowerSHell Studio 2016 Version 5.2.122"

The license number is already available elsewhere and is IMO not product information.

It would be helpful also if you could put in the about dialog if the software is 32 or 64-bit as that is asked for in some forums and is not obvious anywhere in the software itself.

Thank you for your consideration.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PS Studio 2016 Aboput Dialog Copy Information

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We put the copy info button there to avoid transmission errors when users need to send email with their license information.
Experience shows that this was necesasry to add.
Usually it is not a problem for our users to transcribe the few digits from the version number nor does it seem to be a problem to know if they installed the 32 or the 64 bit version (which usually should match the OS version anyway) but I will forward your request to the development team.
Thank you for your input.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.