Files are not being added to repository automatically

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rkantor17

Re: Files are not being added to repository automatically

Post by rkantor17 »

I found that the submit all does force the file updates. I was actually expecting the service to do it automatically. I don't see the service actually automating the updates. That was my expectation.

RK
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It should. Please send your .recall file and your service.inf file to support@sapien.com so we see what is going on.Please include the exact location of your local folder.
Please also include the current service log.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Please also verify exactly what version of VersionRecall you have installed. It should be 1.0.123
Alexander Riedel
rkantor17

Post by rkantor17 »

Alexander Riedel wrote:It should. Please send your .recall file and your service.inf file to support at sapiencom so we see what is going on.Please include the exact location of your local folder.
Please also include the current service log.
Where do I find the service.inf and the service log file?
rkantor17

Post by rkantor17 »

Alexander Riedel wrote:Please also verify exactly what version of VersionRecall you have installed. It should be 1.0.123
Confirmed.
Alexander Riedel

C:\ProgramData\VersionRecallService

Email service.inf and vrkService.log please
Alexander Riedel
rkantor17

Post by rkantor17 »

Alexander Riedel wrote:C:\ProgramData\VersionRecallService

Email service.inf and vrkService.log please
email rejected due to banned file types. I also tried compressing and that too rejected. Please advise.
rkantor17

Post by rkantor17 »

The scheduled task is not adding new files or updating existing.

Could the issue be that the .recall file is stored in the path of my documents that is being monitored?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Our email servers do not filter emails attachments. Alternatively you can upload the file via our website.

Go to Support->Support Uploaded and you should be able to upload the files to us.

The recall file is not a problem. The file tells Version Recall that the folder is versioned and contains the repository information.

David
David
rkantor17

Post by rkantor17 »

davidc wrote:Our email servers do not filter emails attachments. Alternatively you can upload the file via our website.

Go to Support->Support Uploaded and you should be able to upload the files to us.

The recall file is not a problem. The file tells Version Recall that the folder is versioned and contains the repository information.

David
Nope not allowed,the filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed. I tried the inf and log files.
This topic is 8 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.