This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clhumphr

Post by clhumphr »

Repository is stored on the NAS however the Service log allways tells me Repository is offline.
I have tried to set up a repository on a different server than the NAS but i still get the same info in the service log. I have yet to have VersionRecall actually keep any versions of my files using the service.

Any suggestions?

I am running Windows 7 64bit and the 64bit SAPIEN Software Suite 2014 with VersionRecall version 1.0.107.0 dated 10/28/2014 7:35PM
Last edited by clhumphr on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

This is most likely a permissions issue. The user that the Service runs under will require permission to access NAS drive (unless the NAS drive has no restrictions). By default the service runs under SYSTEM user.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
clhumphr

Post by clhumphr »

davidc wrote:This is most likely a permissions issue. The user that the Service runs under will require permission to access NAS drive (unless the NAS drive has no restrictions). By default the service runs under SYSTEM user.

David
Thanks David it was permissions the local SYSTEM user did not have rights, once I changed the service to run under my account VersionRecall is now working as it should. Thanks again..
This topic is 9 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.