VersionRecall Explorer not referencing the correct files

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
mattseale

VersionRecall Explorer not referencing the correct files

Post by mattseale »

x64 - version 1.0.99 - installed on Windows 8.1

Just purchased and installed Version Recall, as I want to use it with PowerShell Studio.

I setup a repository with the sourcefiles on my C: drive and the repository target on my D: Drive

When I change a file on disk and then click submit through the Version Recall Explorer, it increments the file versions count by one (in the explorer window, expected behaviour). But when you then browse the versions within the Explorer it doesn't match the files on disk...
capture.jpg
capture.jpg (127.66 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
In the attachment, bottom left image is the source (on C), filename used is test.txt - top left shows the repository folder, version created as @@1 file - this is all expected behaviour...the issue is within the Versions tab through the Version Recall explorer it shows the local file and the last submit file correctly, but the old version is shown as version 2 - in the blue bar at the bottom it shows it is looking for an @@2 file, when on disk only @@1 has been created.

I hope this makes sense and someone has a solution to this, as currently this product is unfit for my purpose.

This behaviour is consistently reproducible the explorer always looks for a file incremented one more than is on disk.

Strange thing is...if I right-click (within Windows Explorer) the file in the source folder and select versions from the context menu, I can browse the previous versions correctly.

Would really appreciate some help with this, thanks.
Last edited by mattseale on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: VersionRecall Explorer not referencing the correct files

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Sounds like a classic +1 bug. I will investigate and see what I can find out.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

A new service build (1.0.100) was issued that should address this problem.
Alexander Riedel
mattseale

Post by mattseale »

Many thanks, that seems to have fixed the issue (I will do some more testing today and confirm).

Another issue, not sure if its a result of this new release or not...when I use the Submit file option through PowerShell Studio it doesn't do anything:
capture2.jpg
capture2.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 9065 times
Powershell Studio 2014 - x64 - version 4.1.67

Really appreciate the quick response to the first issue :)

Do you publish a change log to see what has changed/fixed by each release?
Alexander Riedel

We are working on a release notes system. But we are a bit short staffed at the moment so we only post in the blog if there is something really important.

I will get the PowerShell Studio guys to look at the issue.
Can you specify how you verify that nothing happens?
I know they will ask :-)
Alexander Riedel
mattseale

Post by mattseale »

If I am working on a file in PowerShell Studio and then click on the Tools menu, submit file (under VersionRecall block shown in previous screenshot), nothing happens - as in no confirmation, no file version created in the repository directory. The version only gets created when the VersionRecall service runs every 30mins.

Maybe I misunderstand the workflow, but I would assume that doing this would instantly submit a new version of the file to the repository?

I will continue my testing for the original issue and report back later today (UK time). Thanks for your help!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The PowerShell Studio issue will be resolved in the next service build.

David
David
mattseale

Post by mattseale »

Ok, thanks.

Do you have an approximate ETA on the next release?

I have one other issue with PowerShell studio (when you click to open a file there is a long delay before the open dialog appears), but I will create a separate post for that.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

We have no ETA at the moment.

David
David
mattseale

Post by mattseale »

Thanks Alexander & David, my issues now seem to be fixed with the exception of the ability to instantly submit a new version from within PowerShell Studio.

I await the next service release and will then report back.
This topic is 9 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.