PowerShell Studio - Package building and deployment issues.

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
i_a_z@hotmail.com

PowerShell Studio - Package building and deployment issues.

Post by i_a_z@hotmail.com »

I am trying to build and deploy a package using PSS2k14. Application works fine within studio. When trying to deploy/install using MSI or Exe on different computers/servers. ICONS are missing and I also get an error that PS Modules are missing. Colors and fonts look different. I am wondering if there is any step by step guide for powershell stuido 2014 on package building that explain the process how to build and deploy a package using msi and exe.
I want to add the ability to check and Install the Pre requisites (PowerShell modules, PowerCLI, Dotnetframework etc..)to allow users to select the drive letter, installation path and start menu location will be much appreciated.
sjsexton

Re: PowerShell Studio - Package building and deployment issu

Post by sjsexton »

+ 1 on this request. I need the same information / guide.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PowerShell Studio - Package building and deployment issu

Post by davidc »

The target machine requires any dependent modules to be installed before hand, otherwise the script will fail.

If you have product specific questions, please post in the product forums and we will be happy to answer them.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.